Thursday, March 28, 2013

How to deal with Inspiration?



What I am seeing is that I am quite a spontaneously inspired chef. Even if I actually have a recipe I am always tweaking it and adding and changing things. I was doing a very exciting series with an awesome client. She had a lovely garden and an open heart and a radio show that she was producing. Enter me, The Chef and consultant. I created some of the most delicious and beautiful dishes during your work together. I was sooo inspired and supported and nurtured so like the artist that I am I flourished and our eyes and our palates were the benefactors.

So flash forward to now 2 years later, I am posting some of the lovely photos of the creations that were inspired during that time and someone sees the beauty-filled deliciousness and pops the question... “What is this?”


Crickets...

I'm thinking to myself, how do I answer this question because to me the answer is

It is a breath of fresh air
It is a kiss from my lips to yours
It is edible inspiration
It is Love
It is rays of sunshine on a plate
It is the best of me

and I know that the person that asked really is thinking

“No I mean how do you make it?” and “What is it made of?”

So in such instances I am still learning how to respond. I am learning to activate my vision and connect it with my memory to create receipts that people can follow to create deliciousness for themselves. This is one of the reasons that I Love teaching classes, because then the students can see the process and also help me record the process too. If you have any cool suggestions that I can use to help me write and cook while the muse is visiting me, I am open for suggestions. I have added pictures from some such inspirations. Let me know what you think, and share it with you analytical friends. Our palates will all benefit from the solution!


2 comments:

  1. hey are those eggs? Isnt that cheating? :)
    I am trying to teach my tastebuds to like veggies and beans more, they are sooooo hard headed, I say here have a salad, they say ok where is the bacon bits and the chicken? My response is have some chick peas and quinoa and shut it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,

      That is a good question about the eggs. I am a Lacto-ovo Vegetarian. That means I eat dairy products and eggs.

      Delete