Sunday, January 12, 2014

Yogurt CornBread

Yogurt corn bread





It's colder than an MF outdoors and I can remember as a child when it was cold like this out that mommy would have something bubbling away on the stove and something good in the oven too. My favorite of which being cornbread.

So today I knew I wanted to have some tasty cornbread that was really traditional, no additives like cheese or peppers, but with a little bit of a twist and I was also out of eggs.  

Yogurt cornbread was my answer to that nostalgic desire to keep my hearth warm and my home inviting.



Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
Here's what you need:

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
4 T Sugar
4 T Baking Powder
1 t salt
1 cup yogurt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter

In a medium bowl add all the dry ingredients, this is a rustic recipe so no need to sift.  Stir with a whisk or a fork to ensure that the dry ingredients are combined.  Make a well in the center and add all the wet ingredients.  Stir until just combined.  Please ensure that you do not over mix.  Cook in a 8 or 9 inch cast iron skillet or 8x8 baking dish for 20-25 minutes until the cornbread is a light golden brown.  Injoy!




Its super simple and oh so delicious.


"May the sun bring you energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being.  May you walk gently through the world, and know it's beauty all the days of your life."         
~Apache blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment