Thursday, February 21, 2013

Everybody wants RV Oatmeal!


Everybody wants RV Oatmeal!



I love my Loaded Oatmeal!

I knew I had to get to work on posting this right away when I saw a dear friend out at a restaurant yesterday.  When I saw her we kissed hello as we do, then she said she was mad at me cause she "heard" I had made oatmeal for somebody else!  Where was the recipe she wanted to know.  So here is the long awaited and anticipated Loaded Oatmeal Recipe.

Hope you enjoy it.  Let me know if you have any questions

Iccha Devi’s
Famous Loaded Oatmeal

I am a little competitive, and when people tell me I do not like oatmeal I feel a tingle in my soul because I know that this person has not tasted my oatmeal. I am giggly happy to say that I have made a mountain of oatmeal converts with this super tasty, fiber-filled, healthy breakfast. This recipe serves a bunch of people, and I have served it as a sort of breakfast dessert on a breakfast buffet. I will offer you the oatmeal test if I am within earshot of you mumbling the sweet musing that you do not like oatmeal. In the elusive vernacular of my generation, I am willing to show and prove. Don’t test me!

2 T butter
1 T cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1 t salt
½ t coarse black pepper
1 c steel cut oats
4 c water
2 t vanilla
1 c thick cut organic rolled oats
¼ c brown sugar
¼ c half-and-half
small sprinkle of sliced almonds
small sprinkle of chopped walnuts
¼ c sunflower seeds
¼ toasted sesame seeds
Big handful of:
dried raisins
dried golden raisins
dried cranberries
dried flaked coconut
1 banana
2 T maple syrup

In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper together. Then add the steel cut oats and toast over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Add the water and vanilla, and bring to a boil. Turn down to low, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the lid, and with a wooden spoon stir together the remaining water and the oats. Add the rolled oats, brown sugar, and half-and-half. Stir again. Then add all the nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. I recommend a small sprinkle of the nuts and a big handful of the dried fruit. Then place in a serving dish and peel and slice the banana diagonally. Drizzle with the maple syrup. That’s it! That’s all!


peace
Iccha Devi Ra
The Reluctant Vegetarian

tasty additions to the oatmeal

Yum

Iccha, what is all of this?

at the table with Iccha.

No comments:

Post a Comment