Thursday, February 21, 2013

Goat Milk Biscuits


Goat Milk Biscuits ~Love made me do it







Ok so what had happened was.  You already know when a story starts this way you are in for a bit of a ride.  Nevertheless I decided that I wanted to create something really spectacular.  A lot of my recipes start that way.  Anywho I was thinking of holiday food and I wanted to make some biscuits.  I realized that I did not have or know of a good recipe for biscuits.  I went to my favorite resource, Mommy.

She shared with me her recipe for rolls (I need to tell you more about that later).  I knew that I needed something that would take a bit less time.  So she called me one day and told me. "Baby, I found something that I think might work for what you want."  She sat on the phone and patiently gave me a recipe very similar to what you see here.  I tried it tweaked it and now present you with my masterpiece.  I love these so much that I served them at one of my UnderGround Dining Events.  I also shared them at one of my Whole Foods Classes.  They are everything, and now you can make them too.

I think they must be Love.

Goat Milk Biscuits AKA Love and Perfection!

2 c (10 oz. by weight, if you want to be super precise) all purpose flour
1 T double acting baking powder
2 T Brown sugar
1 1/8 t. salt
1 t baking soda
4 oz. (1 stick) cold salted butter, cut into about 1” cubes
8 oz plain goat milk yougurt (full fat)
½ c low fat buttermilk
about 1 c of flour for shaping and forming biscuits
3 T melted butter


Place the dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine
add the butter and pulse till the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal about 10x's
Pour into a large bowl and stir in the yogurt and the buttermilk until just combined

spray a 9” cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Pour the additional flour onto a cookie sheet
preheat your oven to 500 and get ready!

I use a ¼ c ice cream scoop, sprayed with pam to make this process go more quickly
scoop the mixture into little balls and drop into the flour
then flour your hands and roll each ball and place into the cooking pan, making sure to shake off the excess flour. Do this quickly. Also make sure you fill all round the perimeter first and then the middle.
Brush the tops with the melted butter.

Place in the preheated oven for exactly 5 mins, then lower the heat to 450 and cook for another 12 minutes. The tops should be a lovely brown.

Let them rest in the pan for 5 mins and them unmold them onto a towel and break apart and enjoy. I have served these with a cinnamon buttermilk double cream and they were sublime!

Make sure you tell me how you like them!





Goat Milk Biscuits


Tres Leches Biscuits
A Sweet Milk Biscuit
A ButterMilk Biscuit
A Goat Milk Biscuit
HouseMade BlackBerry Jam and Buttermilk Whipped Cream





Biscuit buddies keeping warm together


© all rights reserved 2011 The Reluctant Vegetarian Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment